Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words

Had I taken a picture of my son a few minutes ago, I would be posting one of the most precious sights I've seen in a while. However, moments pass quickly and aren't always available for camera so I will have to make due with describing this sight to you.

My 3-year-old son decided tonight that he determined his actual bedtime. Although I put him to bed at his normal time, 8 p.m. A little while later I noticed the light on his bedroom as I wandered down the hallway. Now while the sight of him sitting Indian style on his bed, building with his Magtastix was too cute, it was nothing compared to what was to come.

After he told me that he was building, I asked him to turn his light off in a few minutes and go to bed. I said he would, so I left him to go downstairs to finish some work.

About 20 minutes later, I go upstairs to see his light still on. I peek in to see him sitting Indian style once again on his bed, this time reading a couple of books with no pants and no underwear on!

He tells me how he had to go potty and about how he did it himself. He was very proud. So he put clean underwear on and I left him to turn off his light.

About a half hour later, my husband returned home from work and asked why Reagan's light was on in his bedroom. We peek around his doorframe and this time we see our 3-year-old sitting Indian style in his bed, wearing his bike helmet and his sandals, and holding his skateboard!

How do you maintain your composure at a sight such as that? As Joey and I giggle, Reagan hops up from his bed smiling.

Oh, how I wish I had my camera to capture that picture on film! However, I am sure it is a picture that I will always have and cherish in my mind.

Welcome to Living a Mom's Life Blog! I look forward to using this blog to write about my family, the crazy things my son does, being a WAHM, and all the perks and hurdles that come along with being a mom.

0 comments: